Squadron you belonged to as a cadet: #752 Ed Cambell in Melville
Squadron or gliding site you currently serve: Commanding Officer of #691 Hawk Indian Head
- Can you tell us about your career?
- I have worked Sasktel as a Customer Service Analyst for almost 25 years, I troubleshoot and support all the technical aspects of many complex phone systems, call centers and computer networks across western Canada.
- What skills have you learned through cadets?
- Being a cadet I developed a lifelong love for Aviation and the outdoors. I still enjoy survival camping, hiking and anything that flies!
- What training camps/ courses did you complete as a cadet?
- Basic Traning (Penhold 1987)
- Junior Leader Course (Penhold 1988)
- Air Crew Survival (Cold Lake 1989)
- Survival Instructor (Pilot Course, Cold Lake 1989)
- Power Flying Course (Penhold 1990)
- Air Traffic Control Course (Trenton 1991)
- What is one of your most memorable moments either as a cadet or working with cadets?
○ I have many wonderful memories of working with cadets. I have twice visited
Vimy Ridge in France with cadets and both times found it to be a very moving
experience. I also have many great experiences at Camp Saskadet as a cadet and
an officer. But the best memory so far was the 2019 ACR when both of my children, Bennett and Sohpie, were cadets at the ACR with me.