I hope everyone is healthy and finding harmony working from home. I am writing to update you on planned events and activities.
- 2020 AGM (Saskatoon) - The National Board of Governors (BOG) has decided to cancel the AGM in June and host virtual business meetings. The Provincial Executive fully supports this decision and I can advise that we will be proudly hosting the National AGM in 2022. A Mountain of gratitude to Larry for leading the charge and researching options. Thank you also to Mr. Pierre Forgues - National Executive Director for assistance and support in decision making to date. Thank you to the BOG for their wisdom and my heartfelt gratitude to the committee and all those who stepped forward to assist with the AGM.
- Effective Speaking (Zones, Provincials and National competitions) - The decision has been made by the National Effective speaking committee to cancel it for this training year. I am in awe of the skill and dedication Janine has demonstrated. Thank you for the countless hours of attention you have dedicated to planning for the competition this year. I am sorry circumstances are preventing the plan from coming together.
- IACE - Another difficult decision. There will be no International Air Cadet Exchange in 2020 due to Covid-19. I cannot imagine the intensity of the meetings Brent was involved in with our IACE Partner Countries. Thank you Brent, I truly believe you have experienced everything at this point in your career with the League.
- May Directors meeting (in-person) in Davidson - No change to our plans to have the meeting at this time. We will render a decision in the weeks ahead. Stay tuned for more information.
- Ted Philipchuk Memorial Golf Tournament in June - No change to our plans to have the tournament at this time. We will render a decision in the weeks ahead. Stay tuned for more information.
- Provincial AGM, Regina - No change to our plans for AGM in October. Hopefully, our current pandemic situation will be over and we can hold the AGM as planned. We will not be making any decisions for now.
I am working comfortably from home for the next few weeks or months if required and the phone is always close at hand. If any of you have any questions, comments and or concerns please reach out at your convenience. Its business... just not as usual for most of us.
Additional updates will be sent out as required.
Saskatchewan Provincial Committee
Air Cadet League of Canada