- The aims of the effective speaking competition are:
- To provide an opportunity for Air Cadets to increase their self-confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize, and express ideas;
- To promote the citizenship component of local squadron training;
- To provide cadets with an opportunity to acquire effective speaking skills through instruction and practice in a structured and competitive environment.
- To increase public awareness regarding the citizenship and leadership aspects of the Air Cadet program at the national, provincial and local levels.
- In the Air Cadet program, words such as leadership, teamwork, self-discipline, self-confidence, and good citizenship are used. Cadets who participate in the effective speaking program will learn all these things. The skills they learn here will help them immeasurably in other areas of their life as well, whether they are making class presentations in secondary school, or later, interviewing for admission to professional faculties at universities, making presentations to colleagues at work, leading volunteer organizations, or running for public office.
“Speaking is an area that requires practice to do well, but it can help everyone every day throughout their lifetime.”
– Jay Shah, 2017 & 2018 National Effective Speaking Competition Finalist
- Visit http://aircadetleague.com/effective-speaking-program/ for more info.