Air Cadet League National Education Scholarships
The Air Cadet League of Canada is pleased to offer post-secondary education scholarships to Royal Canadian Air Cadets. Application is open to current Air cadets and is awarded based on secondary school achievements, combined with outstanding performance as an Air Cadet.
Young Citizens Foundation Scholarship
- The purpose and goal of this scholarship is to assist young Canadians to grow and mature as committed, knowledgeable, and contributed Canadian citizens. The Foundation’s goals are to promote the air cadet program, to encourage young Canadians to join Air Cadets, and to enable worthy Air Cadets to pursue a post secondary education so that they have the opportunity to become future leaders in our country. This award consists of a $5,000 scholarship.
- Air Commodore Leonard J. Birchall, CM, OBE, DFC, O.Ont, CD, LL.D, D.Sc.M, and Mrs. Kathleen Birchall, have been long-time generous supporters of the Royal Canadian Air Cadet movement across Canada. The amount of the award will be determined annually, and it will be dependent upon the earnings of the investment trust. Last year the award consisted of a $5,000 scholarship.
- Robert Gordon Dale, DSO, DFC, CD, and Mrs. Mary Dale, have given exceptional service to Canada in times of both war and peace. This has been especially so in their support of Royal Canadian Air Cadets. Robert Dale served as the National President of the Air Cadet League of Canada in 1972-1973, and as the Honorary President of the Air Cadet League of Canada from 1983 to 2013. The amount of the award will be determined annually, and it will be dependent upon the earnings of the investment trust. Last year the award consisted of a $2,000 scholarship.
Alex Venables Scholarship in Engineering
- This scholarship is presented in recognition of Gerald Gilroy’s generous contribution made to the Air Cadet League of Canada. Students must be entering directly into a full-time program of study in the field of engineering. The award consists of a $2,500 scholarship.
- The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism. Awarded to a full-time student accepted and enrolled in a Jazz APP-affiliated aviation program for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3,000 scholarship.
- The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism and Diversity. Awarded to a full-time student accepted and enrolled in a Jazz APP affiliated aviation program who has self-identified as aboriginal, a person with a disability, a visible minority or female; for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3,000 scholarship.
- Jazz APP aviation programs are offered through affiliated schools [http://flyjazz.ca/en/careers/pilots/pathwaysprogram/]
Air Cadet League of Canada Foundation Scholarships
- The primary mandate of the Foundation of the Air Cadet League of Canada is to provide graduating Air Cadets with assistance for post-secondary education. The applicants must have completed high school and enrolled in a college or CEGEP technical program or in a vocational program of at least 6 months at a recognized educational institution or be deemed a full-time student even if studying part-time. The awards consist of two $1,000 Scholarships.