CADET AWARD FOR BRAVERY
The Cadet Award for Bravery may be awarded by the Canadian Forces to Cadets who perform outstanding deeds of valour involving risk of their own lives in saving the lives or property of others. Recommendation shall be initiated by the Squadron Commanding Officer.
LORD STRATHCONA MEDAL
The Lord Strathcona Medal is the highest award which can be bestowed upon a cadet for exemplary performance in physical and military training. Each Air Cadet squadron may award one medal each year if a worth candidate is available.
- Encourage the improvement of the physical and intellectual capabilities of cadets
- Foster patriotism in cadets through the acquisition of a good knowledge of military matters.
- Have a high level of physical fitness
- Have attended at least one summer training course of three weeks in duration.
- Have qualified to training level not below level 3.
- Have met all the requirements of their squadron’s mandatory training program and attended at least 75% of the scheduled training parades in the year of nomination.
- Have met all requirements of their squadrons optional/support training program and participated in at least 50% of scheduled activities in the year of nomination.
- Have completed three years as a cadet.
- Be regarded by peers and supervisors as exemplifying the model cadet.
ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION CADET MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE
The Royal Canadian Legion Cadet Medal of Excellence recognizes individual endeavors of a citizenship nature, which meet or enhance the purposes and objectives of the Cadet organizations.
- Met all the requirements of the squadrons annual mandatory and optional training programs.
- Participated in a minimum of three community service events in addition to those supported by the cadet unit through its local squadron program.
- Regarded by peers and superiors as exemplifying the model cadet.
- Enhanced the cadet squadron through:
- Cooperation with peers and subordinates
- Promoting goodwill and morale within the squadron
- Aiding in the development of group identity and cohesiveness
- Supporting and assisting fellow squadron members
- His/her involvement in the local community
AIR FORCE ASSOCIATION OF CANADA MEDAL
The Air Force Association of Canada (AFAC) Medal recognizes exceptional and noteworthy qualities and will be awarded annually to the top graduating Air Cadet from the Power and Glider courses.
Army, Navy And Air Force Veterans In Canada (ANAVETS) Cadet Medal Of Merit
The Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada (ANAVETS) established the ANAVETS Cadet Medal of Merit to promote excellence and awareness of the Canadian Cadet Organization.
One medal is awarded at each Cadet Summer Training Centre to the top male and female cadets for the following courses:
- Advanced Aerospace Course
- Advance Aviation Technology Course – Airport Operations
- Advanced Aviation Technology Course – Aircraft Maintenance
- Air Rifle Marksmanship Instructor Course
- Drill and Ceremonial Instructor Course
- Fitness and Sports Instructor Course
- Military Band – Advanced Musician Course
- Pipe Band – Advanced Musician Course
- Survival Instructor Course
- Overall achievement
- Leadership qualities
- Instructional abilities
- Dress, deportment and motivation
- Cooperation with others
ACL AIR CADET SERVICE MEDAL
The Air Cadet League of Canada created this award to recognize meritorious Cadet Service of at least four years. To qualify for this Award, a serving Cadet must have successfully completed four years of honorable service with no serious infractions. All currently serving Air Cadets are eligible for this Award.
A bar and rosette are issued for each year of training completed beyond the four-year qualifying period, which is added on to the medal and corresponding ribbon.