The Air Cadet program operates within a partnership agreement between the Department of National Defense (DND) and The Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL), a civilian, non-profit, community-based and volunteer-led organization. The Saskatchewan Provincial Committee of the ACL (SKACL) is administered by an Executive committee under the direction of the Board of Directors. The Directors are elected by the members of SKACL at the Annual General Meeting.
Some of the responsibilities of the SKACL include:
- Camp Saskadet funding and operation
- Fund and support the Air Cadet Flying Program, by funding all gliding operations and owning all gliders, tow planes, and equipment for gliding centres
- Effective Speaking competition
- Coordinate the application and merit-ranking process (including selection boards) for National (6-week) summer courses, including Power & Glider Pilot Scholarship, and the International Air Cadet Exchange (IACE).
- Conduct an annual province-wide car lottery raffle and golf tournament
- Conduct nationally-mandated activities, such as Registration & Screening of Volunteers, and administration of the Air Cadet Service Medal.
- Director oversight & support of squadrons
- Run an annual Photo Contest
- Maintain a close relationship with regional Squadron Sponsoring Committees (SSC), which is the parent’s committee of squadrons
- Represent the air cadet program in Saskatchewan, including air cadet squadrons – at the Provincial level – to its DND and Aviation & Aerospace Partners, all other stakeholders in the Program, and the public and opinion makers.
- Recognize the achievements of volunteer members, cadets, and military partners.